Tuesday, November 07, 2006

events this week

I'll be doing live video mixing this Thursday at Sinergy for Tru Nightlife's DJ Dan show, at Touch Supper Club on Saturday for Bassline Magazine's Trevor Lamont show, and Stout XTC and I will be tag team DJing this Sunday evening at Twist after Doug Burkhart and followed by Rob Black.

It should be an action packed week(end).

Tonight a few friends and I saw a sneak preview of Babel. It was okay, but definitely too damn long. I'd say it's a mixture of Magnolia, Crash, and Lost in Translation, and slightly similar to Jean-Luc Godard's film Notre Musique (2005), which at least had some uplifting, thoughtful moments amidst the "half glass empty" view of the world presented in both films. It's pretty depressing. Sure, we live in a really messed up world, but I'm not sure I need my entertainment to fixate on that sentiment. I would have rather seen Borat again, honestly.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the invite. Maybe I'll see ya on Saturday if I can wrangle up some friends. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for telling me that Dj Dan was going to be in town. Oh- that's right, you didn't. Kidding.

    ReplyDelete